Change the default admin password of your router to improve the security of your network. To access the interface of your router, use routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com. By logging into the router, you can change the default password of your router. By default, the username is admin and password is password. The Netgear router comes with the default credentials.
Follow the steps given below to change the admin password of your Netgear router:
- Open an Internet browser from a device that is connected to the network of the router. The device can be a computer, laptop or tablet.
- In the address bar field of the browser, type routerlogin.net and press enter. A login window appears having two fields that are username and password.
- Enter the default credentials. You can locate them on the product label at the bottom of the router.
- The Default username is admin.
- The Default password is password.
The basic home page displays.
- Go to Advanced then Administration then Set Password.
- Now enter the old password. Then enter the new password and confirm the new password in the confirm new password field.
- Enable the password recovery option by enabling the check box before it. It is recommended to do this as it helps in password recovery when you forgot your password in future.
- To save the settings you have made, click the Apply button.
The password has been changed successfully.
Sometimes when you want to access routerlogin.net, it gives you an error. If you get the errors while opening, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Power off your router and wait for some time and then power it on again.
- Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network of your router.
- Use the default IP address instead of the routerlogin.net. The default IP address to access this website is 192.168.1.1.
- Make sure that your browser is not causing any problem. Try opening the website by using a different browser or try another wireless device to connect.
- Power cycle the whole network.
- After performing the above mentioned steps, if you are still facing the same issue then reset your router to default factory settings.
If you get any problem while changing the admin password, chat with us via live chat window. Or you can leave your query as a question on our website. We try our best to provide you a solution that solves your issue.