Netgear extender setup makes it possible for you to access your router’s network even in the deepest corners of your home. The Netgear WiFi extender set up connects your extender to the existing router. That way, both devices work together to give you WiFi access at any corner of your house. The most widely used method to configure the Netgear WiFi extender is through the web address i.e., mywifiext.net.
The Netgear wireless range extender is placed in a place where you experience a shortage of your router’s WiFi signals. When your existing router’s network fails to reach every corner of the house, it is the time you should consider installing a Netgear range extender.
With this post, we want to help our users with the Netgear extender setup and installation. We have explained the Netgear WiFi extender set up in multiple ways and you can choose any way that you find is easy or quick.
Netgear Extender Setup via mywifiext.net
This section will help you understand how to go about the Netgear WiFi extender set up and installation. Perform the below steps carefully.
- Before you proceed with the Netgear extender setup, please connect the device to the power socket.
- After that, plug your Netgear WiFi extender into a power outlet.
- Make sure you place the extender nearby your existing router.
Connect to the Network
- Go to your PC or laptop and connect to the Netgear extender’s default network.
- Either use WiFi or connect through an Ethernet cable.
- To cross-check whether your PC is connected to the network, look for the WiFi icon.
- If you have connected through an Ethernet cable, you will see a monitor icon on the right side of the taskbar.
Netgear Extender Setup
- Firstly, open a browser on your PC and type mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- After that, the browser will send you to the Netgear WiFi extender set up wizard.
- Click New Extender Setup and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Thereafter, you need to choose the admin credentials for your WiFi extender.
- Select two security questions and set up an answer for them.
- Click Next. The Netgear extender setup genie will show up.
- After that, set up the dual-band network settings on your extender.
- Assign an SSID and Network Key to your extender’s network.
NOTE: The Netgear WiFi extender, by default, used the SSID and Network Key of your existing WiFi network. You can choose to select the Enable One WiFi Name option.
- Finalize the network settings on your WiFi extender and click Save.
- Finally, the Netgear WiFi extender set up and configuration will end here.
We recommend that you run multiple tests on your extender as soon as you configure it with your existing router. Try connecting to the Netgear extender through multiple devices and cross-check whether the internet speeds are good. Apart from this, also check for network drop-offs on your device.
NOTE: Once the WiFi network settings are configured on your device, kindly place your device anywhere you want. We recommend that you place the WiFi extender in an area where your existing router’s network failed to reach.
Netgear Extender Setup via the WPS
The WPS or WiFi Protected Setup is another way to set up the Netgear WiFi range extender. The Netgear WiFi extender set up and configuration is easy through this method. Let’s follow the steps:
- Your existing router must support the WPS in order to set up the Netgear extender through this method.
- Plug the Netgear extender into the power outlet around your existing WiFi router.
- After that, locate the WPS button on the Netgear wireless range extender.
- Press the WPS button once and wait for 10 seconds.
- Now, go to your router and press the WPS button once again on your router.
- Wait for a few seconds or even minutes.
- Lastly, the Netgear WiFi extender set up will be done through the WPS method.
NOTE: This is the easiest method to set up your Netgear wireless range extender. However, you can’t configure the wireless settings to your liking. To configure the WiFi settings and other features of your extender during the setup, please use the first method or mywifiext.net method.
The Netgear extender setup and configuration are very easy and quick. We discussed the two widely used methods to set up a wireless range extender with your existing router’s network. However, we recommend that you use the first method to configure your new wireless range extender.
We hope this Netgear WiFi extender set up guide helped you perform the installation of your device in the best way possible, and that too without any hassle. Please get in touch with our support team for more help if you run into any setup or installation issues with your device.