Routerlogin.net not working is one of the biggest yet most common issues in this fascinating world of networking. If you happen to come across this issue, it means that something is not well with the router or the device you are using to login to the network. The reason behind this issue was termed as one of the biggest issues in the first line is the complexity of this issue.
In simple words, if the Netgear router login errors or issues occur on your network, you can’t expect this issue to go off easily. A lot of tricks and instructions need to be followed in order to fix the issue on your own.
We know that you want a straightforward trick, like reset Netgear router, that could fix this issue, but you need to follow all the tricks because you never know which one could solve all the bugs. So let’s start by discussing some of the possible reasons why this could be happening on your device.
Why is routerlogin.net not working?
“Why” is of course the main thing that you want to learn with this post besides troubleshooting. Well, here are the possible reasons why Netgear router login issues could be occurring on your device or network:
- Netgear router login service outage
- Netgear server down or error in fulfilling a service request
- Firewall or antivirus preventing routerlogin.net to load
- VPN service active on the router or computer
- Router disconnected from the device
- Netgear WiFi router experiencing frequent drop-offs.
- Unsupported operating system or web browser version
- Unsecure connection with the network
These were some of the reasons that make the Netgear router login issues occur on your network.
How to fix routerlogin.net not working?
Here’s something important – Please do expect the issue to go off in the very first or second step. It might take a few steps until going off your device. Follow the steps below:
Power cycle the router
- The very first step should be refreshing or power cycling your device.
- Make sure the Netgear WiFi router is already On.
- Press the power button located at the backside of the router. The router will turn Off.
- Unplug the power cable and keep it as it is for 5 minutes.
- Plug the cable back into the power outlet and let your device restart.
Reset the Network setting on the PC
In most cases, resetting the network settings on your PC proves to be the most valuable step to fix the routerlogin.net not working issue. Through this step, your PC’s operating system will restore all the network settings to their original state.
- Firstly, press the Windows + L button simultaneously.
- After that, select Network and Internet.
- Click on the Advanced Network Settings tab to reset the network.
- Choose Network Reset and then click on the Reset now button.
Tweak the browser settings
- Clear off the web browser cache, cookies, and history.
- You can also choose to remove all browsing data from the web browser.
- After that, look for the latest updates for your web browser.
- Go to the Settings page of Google Chrome and then select About Chrome.
- Follow the instructions to check whether Chrome is up-to-date or not.
Turn Off the firewall/antivirus
- If the routerlogin.net not working issue persists, make sure you turn Off the firewall and antivirus.
- Please uninstall your antivirus if it is supplied to you through some third-party websites or sources.
- If you have also installed a secondary firewall besides the Windows Firewall, please uninstall it.
Reset Netgear router
If you are unable to resolve the Netgear router login issues, the last step is to restore the factory default settings on your device. While it may remove all the settings from your device, the login issues will go off permanently.
- Look for the Netgear router reset button on the backside.
- Your router’s body covers the reset button and that’s the reason you may need a toothpick or a paper clip to push the button.
- Push the reset button and hold it down for at least 12 seconds.
- Finally, release the button to reset Netgear router settings to the original settings.
NOTE: Make sure you set up your Netgear WiFi router again in order to set up the internet service on the network.
Finally, the routerlogin.net not working issue will resolve and you will be able to go about the Netgear router login once again. Besides following the aforementioned instructions, you can also make sure you are not connected to the VPN service on your PC.
This post was all about the Netgear router login issues, the reasons for their occurrence, and the troubleshooting steps to fix them. We hope that you liked this routerlogin.net troubleshooting guide. Talk to our support team if you run into any issues with your network or device.