There are two methods you can choose for Netgear n600 router setup. Once is using the Smart Wizard and second method for installing the Netgear n600 router is Manual setups. Here we are going to explain how to install Netgear n600 wireless router using the manual setup.
First you will need to Connect the Netgear n600 Wireless Routers
Before you go for the Netgear n600 router setup, make sure that the system you are using is setup for the settings like “Automatically Obtain the IP Address” or “Obtain the DNS server Automatically”.
Two Different Ways you can go for Preparing the Netgear n600 Wireless Routers
- Either you can connect the Netgear n600 router to ADSL and then connect a system with the Netgear router.
- Or you can also make settings so that your router can access the internet connections.
Both these methods are explained below, you can contact wireless support team for the help if you need help regarding the Netgear wireless n600 router troubleshooting. We are having a large community so you can ask your question any time using our form session.
Connecting the Netgear n600 Wireless Router to ADSL
Connecting the router to ADSL for making the Netgear n600 router setup, here are the steps.
- First you have to unplug the modem after turning off the power supply to the router.
- An Ethernet cable will connect the computer system to the modem you are using, search for that Ethernet cable. You will need to disconnect that cable.
- You will receive an Ethernet cable with the n600 router, insert one end to the modem and insert second end to the n600 wireless router internet port.
- The Ethernet cable you have removed, take that cable and insert one end to the router LAN port.
These are the settings you have you make, feeling confused? We know that steps can be little bit confusing for the router users. Don’t worry, we are available 24/7 to help you regarding these issues or any other problem you may face in the future like, Netgear router n600 wireless router issues, Netgear n600 router setup, Netgear n600 router reset or any issue regarding how to install a Netgear n600 wireless router .
After making all these steps happen, you will need to power ON the modem you are using. After that proved the power supply to router and the computer system you are using. Then you will need to verify your connections so that you can go the next steps regarding installing the Netgear n600 router using Manual Settings. Here are the steps for verifying the connections you have made for the wireless router.
You can check the LED connections. The power LED, Operating Mode LED should be ON. USB light should be Off till you use any USB device for installing the Netgear n600 router manually.
Secondly, you will Need to Setting Up the Router for Internet Connections
- You will need to access the Netgear router setup page using the default address routerlogin.net
- Fill all the login details that are, default user name and the password for the Netgear router login access.
- After successful login to Netgear router setup page, you should need to check the available firmware for the Netgear router.
- If the firmware update is available, go for it.
- Here you can go for the “Setup Wizard” and make the required changes.
What to Do Next?
After making all these steps, you will need to contact router login support team for the further instructions so that they can guide you for the advance settings. You can also contact the wireless router support team for the issues you are facing with Netgear n600 wireless router troubleshooting.