Do you know that your router’s default password is first defense against the hackers? Hackers may steal the important information. But at the same time, it is your router’s default password that is easily available online. But the only disadvantage is anyone can steal vital information of your home network. So in order to secure yourself in the online world, a user should change router’s default password as soon as initial configuration is done.
There are several cases when you have fear in your mind that someone will misuse your network. One case is you are the owner of a Company and many employees are working under you then those employees can misuse the network if you have not changed the default password. In another case, you want to prevent your children from misusing the internet in your absence then changing your default password would be a good move.
Linksys make use of admin as a default password. To change Linksys router’s default administrator password, a user requires to access web-based setup page. To access this page, a user can use any wireless device that is attached to the router. The condition here is that the web browser has the ability to access the web-based setup page.
How to Change the default password?
We are providing some easy steps to change Linksys router default administrator password.
- Start with accessing web-based setup page from a wireless device, that is connected to the Linksys router.
- Now, fill default IP address into the web browser’s address bar & after that press enter.
- Next, a window opens having two fields that are username and password, enter default login credentials for accessing web-based setup page.
- You will see Administration tab on the window, click on it. Enter the new Router password in the required field & re-enter to verify it.
- Now, click on Save settings for saving the changes made by the user & click on continue button to proceed. The process has been completed successfully.
- Now, if you want to connect to your network then enter the password you have set.
We changed Linksys router’s administrative password for saving the network from external threats. In case, there is any query from your side, feel free to call us anytime as we are available 24/7 to serve you.
Support for Every Router
We have a team of professionals. They have experience of several years in solving issues related to routers. No matter which company’s router you are using, we will help you and try to give you the best possible solution. You can contact us anytime via toll-free number. If you want to have live interaction with our team then approach the experts for the same via live chat window. Also, you can drop a message in the comment box. Experts are always available to provide you support. So, take a smart step by approaching the team of router login support today.