Netgear Router Model n300 wireless router is easy to use & only one Universal Plug and Play router that comes up with detachable antennas, its control panel makes it simple to screen & manage your home network. Well, configuring Netgear n300 wireless router doesn’t require an installation CD. Many features in a single handed Netgear n300 wireless router. So, if you are looking for your query of How to configure Netgear n300 wireless router, then we have the answers in some simple steps, that we are going to provide you all now.
- When you start configuring Netgear n300 wireless router manually, user need to first login to router to set it up at first & to make any modification with wireless router’s settings afterwards.
- Now start accessing Netgear n300 wireless router, for that open web browser & type http://www.routerlogin.net in web browser address bar & Press enter.
- If above mentioned address prevents you from doing routerlogin.net Login then user can use http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- After this user can see a pop up window asking for default username & password.
- Now, user can fill admin for username & password for password, both in lowercase.
- After this Firmware Upgrade Assistant will get displayed.
- Now click on Yes for checking new firmware. Netgear n300 wireless router will by default verifying Netgear record for a fresh firmware image file.
- If new firmware is available then click on Yes & your router will upgrade itself with new version of Firmware.
Now we will configure Wireless Settings of Netgear n300 wireless router. Wireless Settings screen lets you set your wireless network connections, identify network name (SSID), & set wireless protection choice for router. For configuring wireless network, user can either physically identify network name & wireless safety settings.
Steps for Setting SSID & Wireless Security Manually
- SSID (Wireless Network Name) Default SSID for Netgear n300 wireless router is Netgear.
- Netgear n300 wireless router’s default security setting is None, but our experts strongly suggest which user use wireless security.
- In order to effectively y apply wireless security ensure every wireless device to settle on that wireless security alternative they support.
- Start by launching web browser entering http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com in the address field of web browser.
- Now, put default login credentials in pop up window.
- Next from the main menu select Wireless Settings to exhibit Wireless Settings screen that comprises Wireless Network & Security selected settings.
- Make selection of Wireless Network Name (SSID) & default SSID is Netgear.
- Time to select Region in which your router is positioned.
- Now select the Channel, it is not compulsory to change the default channel settings except you face obstruction.
- Next no need make any modification in Mode.
- On further step you will see that Security Options are set at None.
- In the end click on apply & save the changes made by you.