In this article, we will discuss how to reset a Linksys EA7300 router. If you perform reset operation to a router then the router will set to factory default settings. The factory default settings mean erasing all information customized by a user and having all the default settings again. The reset option also works when a user forgot admin login credentials.
There are two methods by which you can perform the factory reset on a Linksys EA7300.
- Hard reset: There is a reset button or hole present on a router. Locate the button at the back of your EA7300 router. Press this button by using a paper clip for 10 seconds and then release. The process is complete.
- Soft Reset: For this method you have to log into your Linksys EA7300 router. So, follow the simple steps we are providing here.
- Connect your computer to the Linksys EA7300 network. Open an internet browser from this device.
- Type either the IP address 192.168.1.1 or web address www.myrouter.local in the location bar of the browser.
- Enter the password and click login. You can also do it through Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account if you have a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router.
- Click on the link given after “To login with your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account”.
- Enter the email address and password and click on login button.
- After opening of configuration panel or basic home screen of your router, click on router settings. Go to troubleshooting then Diagnostics. Click on Factory Reset then Reset.
- The process will start and ends soon.
If you have forgotten the admin password then you can only go for hard reset as you do not know the password to login to your Linksys EA7300. Stay updated with the latest tech news. Visit our tech news section to know more. Look out more to resolve your networking queries.