If by chance you were setting up your Linksys velop and the App got stuck. You do not have to panic, you can still complete your setup even without the Linksys App. Use the steps below to complete your setup.
- Firstly, you have to connect your Linksys Velop with your modem or router
- Then go ahead and connect your computer to the Linksys Velop network.
- Next, launch your browser and type in http://myrouter.local into the Web Link bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard. This will open another screen before you that will instruct you on a replacement of web links that you have to replace.
- Next, you have to login, type in “admin” as your password and username and then click on “Login”
- Once logged in, the next thing to do is to provide your own “SSID and Password” and then select “Setup Node”
- Subsequently, after you have set up your Nodes, select “I’m Done Adding Node”.
- Now, go to your computer and open the wifi settings. Look for the SSID of the Linksys Velop that you have just established.
- Next, on your computer, open your browser and type in the web link http://myrouter.local. Then press “Enter”
- Afterward, on the next page, select the “Velop Logo” and type in your router’s default password.
- Now, check the bottom-right corner of your screen, you will find a CA link, select it.
- On the next page, navigate to “Connectivity”
- Subsequently, go to the “Velop Setup”. That is where you will set up the network name and the passkey. So carefully input your preferred SSID and the password.
- Next, to proceed, you have to select “Setup Node”.
For further support, you can speak to our tech support executives through the chat window, or reach us at the tool-free helplines.
There are some steps that we need to follow in order to configure linksys velop without the application:-
> First of all connect an ethernet cable between your velop and Modem/Router
Connect your computer with the linksys velop’s wifi network
> Open a browser on your computer and type “http://myrouter.local/” in the Address bar and then hit enter
> You will be redirected to http://linksyssmartwifi.com:52000/ui/dynamic/velop/desktop-blocking.html
> now replace “desktop-blocking.html” with “setup.html
> and then enter “admin” on the User Name and Password fields then click Log In
> now enter your preferred ssid and password and then click on setup node.
> Once complete, click I’m Done Adding Nodes
> Now on your computer connect to the new SSID of your Velop network that you have created.
> Open your browser and type that address again which is :- https://myrouter.local
> You will be redirected to http://linksyssmartwifi.com:52000/ui/dynamic/velop/desktop-blocking.html.
> now click on velop logo.
> enter router access password (default is admin)
> Click on the CA link at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen
> Go to Connectivity > Velop Setup and set the SSID and Password of your Velop network. Then, click the Setup Node button to proceed.
To add a Secondary node, turn ON a second node and wait until you have a solid purple light. Once you have a solid purple light on the Secondary node, proceed to the next step
> connect an ethernet cable between primary node and secondary node.
> After a minute, the light indicator will start blinking purple. When the light indicator on the Secondary node turns solid blue, this means your Secondary node is ready. You can now disconnect the Secondary node from the Primary node and place it at a desired location
> If you are done adding nodes, click on Done Adding Nodes