How to connect wireless canon printer with the linksys velop system?
Prerequisites before connecting:
- The wireless printer must support the WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption standard.
- The Linksys router must work properly.
- Install Linksys Connect on the computer you’re working on currently.
- The wireless printer should only be 3-10 feet away from the router when setting up the wireless connection.
- The printer software and drivers should be installed on the same computer you are working on.
Steps to connect wireless canon printer with the Linksys Velop system:
- Start by launching Linksys Connect. Go to the Start menu and choose All Programs.
Next, choose Linksys Connect.
- Select Computers and devices on the main Linksys Connect window.
- Choose the Printer option in the Computers and other devices
- Next, select the Wireless Printer
- You will find the wireless settings of the router on the Connecting a wireless printer Take note of the settings and do not close the window. These wireless settings include SSID, Security Key and Security type.
- Go to the printer and input the wireless settings that Linksys Connect displayed on the computer. Click Next on the Linksys Connect Window after entering the wireless details on the printer.
- In order to confirm the wireless printer detection, you should be directed to Name your printer Input the preferred name in the fields provided and then hit the Finish button.
You can successfully connect to the printer now. If you still can’t connect the printer to the network, isolate the issue by connecting other devices or computers. There might be other settings as well that you need to configure on the printer if they connect successfully.