How to connect the Sonos Speaker player1 With the Wifi?
Step 1: Unbox and plug it in
First, unbox the speaker and place it where you’ll want it to be for the foreseeable future and place the speaker close enough to your router so that the Wi-Fi signal is strong (or alternatively, near a range-improving Sonos Boost).
Step 2: Download the Sonos app
You’ll then need to download the Sonos app. If you’re on PC or Mac, open your web browser and go to support.sonos.com where you’ll be able to download the app.
Step 3: Choose your setup type
Once you’ve installed the app, open it and press ‘Set up a new Sonos system’. You’ll be asked what sort of setup you want to go through, then just press ‘Standard Setup’ – this for anyone connecting over a Wi-Fi network.
Step 4: Select your speakers
If your smartphone, tablet, or computer is connected to the Wi-Fi network, you should be able to see any available Sonos speakers that are in your home. If you have multiple speakers, you can choose which one you want to set up first by swiping between them on your screen.
Step 5: Put your speakers into ‘Join’ mode
The app will then ask you to press a couple of buttons on the Sonos speaker at the same time – the buttons depend on the speaker you have. This will create a temporary Wi-Fi network for your device to connect to, allowing the setup to work.
Step 6: Connect to the Wi-Fi network
Once you’ve pressed the buttons, you’ll hear a chime, and the speaker will show a flashing orange light. The app will ask you to confirm that you see this, to connect, go to your device’s Wi-Fi settings and choose ‘Sonos’. Once you’re connected, go back to the Sonos app and continue. You may be prompted for a password.
Once that’s done, you can select a name for your new Sonos speaker.
Step 7: Add more speakers if you have them
If you want to set up a second speaker (or even more, you moneybags), hit ‘Add Another Player’, and go through the setup process again. You’ll need to assign a name to each new speaker, just like you did before.
Once that’s done, all your speakers will be connected to your Wi-Fi system, and you’ll be able to use the Sonos app to play music on all of your connected speakers.
- Download the Sonos application on your smartphone or computer.
- open up that application on your smartphone
- click on the setup a new sonos system and then select standard setup option.
- Now you need to convert your sonos speaker to the setup mode and for that you need to press the play/pause button and the volume up button at the same time on your sonos play1 speaker.
- After that you will hear the chime sound ,it means speaker is in setup mode ,now go to the wifi settings on your smartphone and connect phone to the sonos temporary wifi network.
- then go back to the sonos application and follow the steps on the screen and connect it to the wifi network and complete the setup process
Note:- if you are going to configure your sonos speaker on the computer ,make sure that your computer is wifi compatible.