In this case you need to restart your router.
Then go to the list of device which is connected with your router, remove the printer from that list.
if the issue still remain same you need to reset the printer settings and try to reconfigure it.
If printer is not printing then first make sure that printer is connected to the internet.
Then check if the updated drivers are installed,,
And if the printer is connected with wifi,then try it with the cable..
We can also try to download the drivers from the CD that comes with the printer..
In this case, follow these instructions:
Try to restart/reboot your router, printer and computer.
Try to remove and add your printer again on the printers list.
If still having the same issue then you have to reset the printer settings and try to configure it again.
If your printer is showing Online in the Netgear Router and still its not giving you the print ,so in that case, there are some troubleshooting methods that we can try:-
- Try to remove the printer from the devices and printer list and then add the printer again and then check if it works
- Provide the manual ip address to the printer and then configure your printer through the new ip address and check
- make sure printer drivers are installed properly for your printer
- try to restart the printer(turn it Off and On)
- If it still not working then you can restore your printer to the factory defaults and then connect your printer to the wifi again and configure it again.