In order to do the manual firmware upgrade of the Asus RT-AC66U router follow these instructions:
Connect any one of your desktop or laptop computers to the Asus router’s network
Open the web browser and visit this link(https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC66U/HelpDesk_BIOS/) in order to download the latest firmware of your router & Unzip the file that got downloaded.
Now open the new tab and visit http:// router.asus.com or http://192.168.1.1
Type the admin username and password(default is admin for both)
Goto Administration > Firmware Upgrade and click upload then choose the downloaded file, after this it will take up to 3-5 minutes to upgrade the firmware of your router.
In the end, you will see the message that will say firmware upgrade done successfully.
*If you face any kind of issue while doing firmware upgrade do write us back so that we can help you further.
- Download the firmware for your asus router from the official website of the asus.
- Once your firmware is downloaded then extract the firmware files on the desktop
- Now Login into your asus router settings
- Go to the administration tab and select the firmware upgrade tab
- click on the upload and select the firmware file which is saved on the desktop
- and wait for the firmware to get installed