To reconfigure Linksys RE6400 range extender follow these steps:-
>Plug in the range extender into the wall socket near to your Xfinity router for the initial setup.
*If you made any change on the extender before, then reset the extender by pressing reset button for at least 30 seconds.
>Connect any of your wireless devices with Linksys extender wireless network.
>Open any browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 or http://extender.linksys.com
>Now you will see the setup wizard in the page, follow the instructions to setup the range extender.
>If you want you can change the name of extended network and password of your choice that you want for it.
>Now save the settings and range extender will reboot after saving the settings.
>Once extender lights get solid connect your devices to the extended network and try to go online so that we can check that extender setup done successfully.
- Turn On your Linksys extender and Press and hold the reset button on your extender for at least 30 seconds and then release it.
- Connect your smartphone or computer with the Extender’s network
- Now open your browser and type this address:- 192.168.1.1
- it will take you to setup page of the extender page
- Now follow the instructions on the screen and complete the setup process
- once your extender is configured after that you can connect your wireless devices with the extender’s network.
first of all you need to connect the linksys extender and the router with the help of the hard wire
then connect any device with the extender by using the hard wire
then open any browser on the device and visit 192.168.1.1 to reach on the setup page
now you just need to follow all the step one by one to complete the setup of the extender
and choose the password according to you just make it secure
setup is all done