how to update the firmware of netgear router manually ?
To update the firmware of netgear router manually,first we need to download the firmware for your router from www.netgear.com.After it's downloaded save the file and make sure the file is unzipped.Now connect the computer to the router with an ethernet cable.Open 192.168.1.1 or www.rouoterlogin.net on the browser.On the main screen it will ask the credentials,enter user name and the password.After you are logged in click on Advanced , then administration.Now select choose file or browse snd select the firmware file which is saved on the desktop.Click on open and then upload.After the file is uploaded it might take 3 to 4 minutes to update.It's done now manually.
Steps to update the firmware of netgear router manually :-
- Download the firmware for your router from the https://www.netgear.com, save it to your desktop, and unzip the file if needed.
- Using a computer that is connected to your router via an Ethernet cable (wired), launch a web browser from a computer.
- Enter http://www.routerlogin.net or "192.168.1.1".
- Enter the router user name and password.
- Select ADVANCED > Administration.
- Click the Firmware Update or Router Update button.
The button label varies by router.
- Click Choose File or Browse.
- Locate and highlight the saved firmware on your desktop and click Open > Upload.
- It will take 3-4 minutes to update.
- Now your firmware is successfully updated.