How do i configure my amped extender with new router?
In order to set up your Amped Extender with the router, Please follow the instructions below:
Make sure the extender is plugged in to the power
Connect an ethernet cable from your extender to the computer or connect your computer wirelessly to amped extender default SSID.
pull up a browser and at the top on the address bar type in 192.168.1.240 and hit enter you will reach directly to the amped extender Dashboard all you need to do now is follow the instructions and complete the setup.
Once the setup is complete plug the extender to the location where you want it and connect your devices to the extended network and you should be good to go.
In order to configure your extender with the new router , there are some steps that we need to follow:-
> First of all, reset your extender by pressing and holding down the reset button for atleast 30 seconds and then release it.
> now connect your smartphone or computer with the extender's network
>then open your web browser and type this address:- https://setup.ampedwireless.com or 192.168.1.240
> It will take you to the amped dashboard and from there you have to click on scan button
> now it will scan for the available networks
>select your network that you want to extend and then enter the password.
> and then follow the steps in order to complete the setup.
we can configure the extender through wps option,
for that press and hold the wps button from the extender for atleast 3 seconds and then within 2 minutes press and hold the wps button from your new router for atleast 3 seconds and then wait for the extender's light to get stable.
Some steps you need to follow :
* First connect your PC or tablet with range extender with Ethernet cable or wireless connectivity
* Enter the setup address in the browser http://setup.ampedwireless.com or try http://192.168.1.240
* Access the dashboard for the amped range extender setup
* Scan your home network and click on “next”
* Check your home network security setting and click on next button
* Check ID of network which is Amped_REC10, choose clone in setting for your home network.
* This amped setup wizard will copy the SSID and security key of your home network
* Now connect to new extended network
* Check your setup summary and your extended network is ready to use.