HOw to setup my netgear extender ex6100v2?
To setup netgear ex6100 , first make sure that extender is plugged in to the power and it must be placed close to the router,not more than 10 feet away. Only for the setup. Now connect any computer with the extender's network. Open 192.168.1.1 on the browser. You will see the setup wizard on the screen. Click on scan to scan all the available networks nearby. Now select the network that you want to extend, enter the credentials , finish the instructions to finish the setup. Once it's setup , it will be restarted on its own . When you see the solid light on the extender then you can try connecting the extender with other devices.
- Turn On your Netgear extender
- Connect your computer or smartphone with the Extender’s network
- Now open your browser and type this address:- 192.168.1.250
- it will take you to the setup page of the extender
- create your login information and after that, it will search for wifi networks and from there you need to select your router’s network and hit next
- then enter the wifi password of your main wifi network and hit next
- After that, you can confirm the extended network settings and then hit save.
once your extender is configured after that you can connect your wireless devices with the extender’s network.