I need help in installation for my netgear extender EX6200. I have tried it my own not able to install.
If you are not able to install Netgear EX6200 , then first you need to check that it's plugged in to the power. It should not be more than 10 feet away from the main router. Now connect any computer with extender's network. Now open 192.168.0.254 on the browser. You will see the setup wizard ,enter the credentials there . After you are successfully logged in then you need to click on scan , it will scan list of all available wifi networks around you. Select the one that you want to extend, enter the credentials of that network also. Click on save the settings. Router will restart on its own, once you see the solid lights on the extender. That means it's done and you can try connecting the devices with the extender's network.
Plugin the extender into the wall socket and make sure it is in the at least 5 feet range from the main router for the initial setup.
now press and hold the WPS button on the router for 5 seconds and then within 1-minute press and hold the WPS button on the extender for 3 seconds and now with the help of any laptop or computer connect to the extender wifi and then open the browser.
in the long address bar of your browser type the IP address of the extender and it will open the login dashboard, fill in the login details
once you are logged setup the security password and save the settings.
In order to set up a Netgear Ex6200 range extender please follow the instructions below:
> Make sure the extender is On, connect your computer to the extender either with the Wi-fi or Ethernet cable. Pull up a browser and at the top of the address bar type in 192.168.1.250 and hit enter. You will get to the login screen of your Netgear extender. all you have to do now is follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup. once the setup is complete restart the router and the extender and you should be good to go.
- Turn On your Netgear Extender
- Connect your smartphone or computer with the Netgear Extender’s network
- open your browser and type this address:- 192.168.1.250
- it will take you to the setup page of the extender and then you need to create an account for the Netgear and after that connect your extender with your existing router's wifi network and complete the setup process.
- After that it will save the settings and will take some time, once the settings are saved then you can connect your wireless devices with the Netgear extender’s network
Steps you need to follow:-
- Plug the Extender into the power socket.
- Press the WPS button on the Extender and then press the WPS button on the router.
- The led light on the extender on the will turn green.
- Your Extender is setup, Now you can try to connect your wireless devices with the extender.
Connect your device (smart phone,Tablets,PC) to extender network .For example it will appear as NETGEAR_EXT. It will be an open network. Once you are connected to it open the login page (MYWIFIEXT.NET) and login into NETGEAR Extender page and setup wizard will walk you through the setup.