Lula B. Burnett
How do i setup my tplink RE220 range extender with the main router so that it can work with my tv?
You can configure the TP-Link RE220 range extender using various methods given below:
Configuring via the Tether app:
- Firstly, log in with the TP-Link ID and you can add a new device.
- In case the page notifies saying ‘No Device found’, you can simply hit the Add button on the bottom of the continue setup.
- Plugin the extender present next to the router and make sure that the power light is on.
- You can now grant the Location permission for the WiFi auto-connect. Simply click on Connect for the devices which you wish to use with the Tether.
- Now, create a local password and manage the extender.
- You can scan for the 2.4G host Wifi and input the correct wifi password.
- Similarly, scan for the 5G host wifi and input the correct wifi password.
- Verify the main network password and confirm the extender settings.
Configuration via the WPS button
- Start by plugging in the range extender into the nearby power outlet close to the main router.
- You can press the WPS button gently on the main router first. Then press the WPS button on the range extender. It should be done within the span of 2 minutes.
- The WPS process will take 2 minutes. Wait until that and then check for the wireless signal LED of the range extender. If it is On, it means that the range extender has been successfully connected to the router.
- In case the wireless signal LED is off even after 2 minutes, it means that the WPS process has failed.
- You can displace the extender in the last, suiting the best location for it and enjoy the extended wireless network coverage.
Configuration via the Web-based browser setup wizard
- Ensure the wireless connection before proceeding further.
- Now, log into the range extender using the default gateway tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar of the browser. You will notice a little pop-up window where you can fill in the default login credentials.
- Follow the instructions of the Quick Setup wizard and click Next to continue.
- Choose the Region and again click on Next.
- The range extender will scan for all the wireless networks around. Choose the network and click Next.
- Input the password of the wireless network which you wish to extend and just click on Next.
- Review the settings and click Finish.
- The extender will reboot to take effect the settings made and you can place it in the best-suited area afterward.