How to setup amped sr10000 extender with the dlink dir-817lw router?
To start with the Amped SR1000 Extender setup process with the dlink dir-817lw router, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, find a suitable location between the wireless router and the dead zones. Place the range extender such that it receives the maximum signal from the router.
- Now, connect the PC or Tablet to the range extender. You can attach the included antennas and plug the extender into the power outlet.
- Connect to the range extender’s wifi network.
- After opening any compatible browser, navigate to the setup.ampedwireless.com. You can even try the default IP address 192.168.1.240.
- Scan for the available home networks to extend and select the dlink dir-817lw router’s network from the list.
- In case the home network has security enabled, enter the key and click Next to continue.
- During the countdown process, the range extender will reboot. You need to reconnect the PC to the new extended network.
Congratulations on setting up the range extender successfully.