How do i connect my netgear extender with the netgear d7000 modem router?
You can connect your Netgear extender with the Netgear d700 modem router using the steps given below:
- Firstly, plugin your extender and wait until the power LED lights up. In case it does not light up, you can press the Power or On/Off
- Now, connect your device to the extender’s wifi network.
- Open any compatible browser and input net or 192.168.1.250 as a default gateway to access the setup wizard for the extender.
- Click or you can tap on the NEW EXTENDER SETUP option once the extender setup page displays. You can tap Yes or I AGREE to accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, choose the extender’s admin credentials. These help you to access the extender’s settings page on the browser.
- After answering the security questions, you can recover the admin credentials if you fail to recover them.
- After clicking on Next, the extender will ask if you want to use the Netgear Genie to help, you can simply tap Yes or CONTINUE. The extender will search for the local wifi signal.
- Click on Next and input the Netgear d7000 modem router’s network password and just tap on Next.
- Choose the SSID and password for the extender. The extender will apply the settings once you tap on Next and with this the Setup process is complete.