I don't have wifi on my desktop computer,so how do i connect my amped re2600m extender with the new router?
If you don't have Wifi on your computer, we can configure the amped re2600m extender using the Ethernet cable and for that, you need to follow some steps which are shown below:-
- Turn on your Amped extender
- Connect your Computer with the Amped extender using the Ethernet cable
- now Open your web browser and type this address:- 192.168.1.240
- It will take you to set up page of the extender
- Click on the scan button
- it will scan for the available wifi networks and you need to select your new router's wifi network and then hit next
- after the enter your wifi password and hit next again
- you need to create your wifi information for your extender and hit next again
- Now extender will reboot to save the settings and once your extender is rebooted successfully, it means your extender is configured.
Or If you don't have an Ethernet cable, then you can also use WPS feature and for that, you need to plug your extender near the new router and then press and hold the WPS button on your extender for 3 seconds and then release it and after that press and hold the WPS button on your new router for 3 seconds and then release it and after that, you need to wait for the lights to get solid on the extender. Once the light is solid on the extender, it means the extender is configured.
you can use your other wireless devices
In such condition you need to use any other device which is compatible to the wifi (e.g .tablet, Smart phone,iPad,etc)to set the ampad extender setup
If you don't have WiFi on the desktop , then you use any other device e.g. smart phone , apple phone, tablet or kindle to set up the amped extender.
If you don't have Wifi on the computer you can use your smartphone or tablet for the amped extender setup, please follow the instruction below:
Yes, it is possible for using a smartphone instead of a computer for your amped extender setup, Please follow the instructions below:
Connect your phone to the Amped network then pull up a browser on your phone maybe Safari if its IOS or google chrome or any other browser if its an Android phone.
At the top of the address bar type in 192.168.1.240 and hit enter, it should take you to the setup screen of the Amped extender, Click on Scan follow the instructions and you are good to go.