How do i setup my Tplink TL-WA855RE range extender with the WOW modem's wifi?
To setup my Tplink TL-WA855RE range extender with the WOW modem's wifi , first we will have to plug in the extender to the power and it has to be near to the main router just for the initial setup (not more than 10 feet away). Now connect the computer or any other device with extender's network. Now open 192.168.1.254 OR 192.168.0.254 on the browser. You will see the setup wizard. Click on scan to scan the list of available wifi networks . Select the one that you want to extend and enter the credentials. follow the instructions to finish the setup.
- In order to set up the range extender to the router first you need to plugged in your extender to the wall socket
- Then Connect the range extender to a computer via Ethernet or Wifi
Pull up a browser and at the top of the address bar type in 192.168.0.254
You will get to the Setup screen, please follow the instruction and complete setup
Steps you need to follow:
- Plugin the range extender into the wall socket near to your home router for the initial setup.
- Connect your Computer with tplink extender wireless network.
- Open any browser and in the address bar type 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.254 or http://tplinkrepeater.net
- Now you will see the setup wizard in the page, follow the instructions to setup the range extender.
- If you want you can change the name of extended network and password of your choice that you want for it.
- Now save the settings and range extender will reboot after saving the settings.
- Once extender lights get solid connect your devices to the extended network and try to go online so that we can check that extender setup done successfully.