I am having trouble setting up the Aimesh
I have a RT AC 86U set as my router and I am trying to connect a RT AC 68U as the node
First you will have to make sure that firmware on the router AC86U must be updated and to check you can login to the admin page and check in the settings. Now , second you will have to also make sure that latest firmware of the router AC68U is downloaded and updated.Now you will have to connect the computer with AC68U router's network. Now open 192.168.1.1 on computer's browser or you can also try router.asus.com . You will see the setup wizard on the screen, you will have to follow the instructions and finish the setup there. Second on the dashboard , goto the administration tab and then upgrade the firmware.Again click on administration then goto system tab and select Aimesh mode option and save the settings.
First of all, make sure that the Firmware on your Asus Rt-AC86U Router is updated and in order to confirm, you can log in into the Asus router settings. Under the Administrations Option, you can check the Firmware.
- Now, the First thing you need to do is to download the latest Firmware for your Asus RT-AC68U router and once the firmware is downloaded then extract that file on your desktop screen.
- After that, connect your Computer with Asus RT-AC68U Router's network.
- open your browser and type this address:- 192.168.1.1 or http://router.asus.com
- It will take you to the setup page of the router, from there complete the setup manually.
- Once you are on the Dashboard, then go to the Administration Tab
- And then click on the Firmware upgrade tab, and then click on the upload
- Now select the firmware file that you have downloaded and press ok.
- the router will update its firmware, once the firmware will be updated then go to the Administration tab again and under the System tab, Select the Aimesh Mode Option and then Hit Save.
- Now router will take at least 1-2 minutes to convert itself into an Aimesh mode.
- After that, you need to log in into your Asus RT-AC86U router
- once you are logged in, then in the middle of the screen, you will see a Aimesh mode icon, click on that icon and then from the right side, click on the Search.
- Now Router will search for another router and once it detects a router then select that and hit save or apply.