How do i configure my Tplink TL-WA855RE range extender with centurylink modems wifi?
To configure my Tplink TL-WA855RE range extender with centurylink modems wifi , first you will have to plug in the extender to the power and distance should not be over 10 feet from the main router.Press the reset button and hold it for 30 seconds on the extender if any changes have been made , to reset the extender. Now connect the computer with extender's network .Open 192.168.0.254 OR tplinkrepeater.net on the browser. You will see the setup wizard on the screen . Click on scan to scan all available list of wifi networks , then select the one that you want to extend .Enter the credentials .and then follow the instructions to finish the setup . Save the settings and let the extender reboot.Once you see flashing light has become solid , it means the extender has been set up.
plug in the extender into the wall socket near to your modem for the initial setup
after that, you can set up in do different ways
- press and hold the WPS button on the modem for 10 seconds and then in the 1-minute press and hold the WPS button the extender for 5 seconds, once the lights are solid that means your extender is connected to the modem.
- connect any wireless device to the extender network and then open the browser, after that in the long address bar at the top type the IP address of the extender. it will take you to the setup wizard page, complete the instructions and then save the settings.
To setup Tplink TL-WA855RE range extender follow these steps:-
>Plug in the range extender into the wall socket near to your home CenturyLink modem for the initial setup.
*If you made any change on the extender before, then reset the extender by pressing reset pinhole for at least 30 seconds.
>Connect one of your wireless or wired devices with the TP-Link extender wireless network.
>Open any browser and in the address bar type 192.168.0.254 or http://tplinkrepeater.net
>Now you will see the setup wizard in the page, follow the instructions to set up the range extender
>If you want you can change the name of extended network and password of your choice that you want for it.
>Now save the settings and range extender will reboot after saving the settings.
>Once extender lights get solid connect your devices to the extended network and try to go online so that we can check that extender setup done successfully.
Plug in the extender near to your modem, just for the initial setup
Now press the WPS button on the extender for 5 seconds and within next 2 minutes press the WPS button on the modem
Now wait for the extender light to get solid then connect any wireless device to the extender.
Steps you need to follow:
- Plugin TP-link range extender into the wall socket nearby to your home router for the initial setup.
- Press the WPS button on your home router and hold it down for 3-5 seconds.
- Within 1-minute press the WPS button on your range extender.
- Wait for the extender lights get stable and now try to connect any of your wireless devices with the extended network.