How to connect Linksys RE6300 Extender with the Netgear R6300 Router?
To connect Linksys RE6300 Extender with the Netgear R6300 Router , first you will have to plug in the extender to the power and place it near to the router just for the initial setup.Then Press and hold the WPS button on the extender for about 3 seconds and make sure that you wait for 2 minutes at lease after you plug in the extender to the power. Now within 2 minutes you will have to press and hold the WPS button on the router for about 3 seconds, you will see that the lights are flashing . Now wait until the lights are not solid . Once you see the solid lights that means it's all setup . You can try connecting the devices now.
You can follow these steps to setup your Linksys RE6500 Range Extender with the Netgear R6300 router:-
>Plug in the Linksys range extender nearby to your Netgear router and power it on for the initial setup.
>Press the WPS button on your extender and hold it down for 3 seconds.
>Within 1-minute press the WPS button on your home router.
>Wait for the extender lights to get stable and now try to connect any of your wireless devices with the extended network.
*If you want to connect your range extender with 5GHz network then repeat the same steps once again.
To connect Linksys to the network connect linksys to the wall socket and press reset key for 30 seconds. Make sure it is close to the modem(maximum distance not more then 10 feet) Go to your computer or phone and open browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the top url bar. It will ask for your login information (default username and password is admin for both). Then it will open setup page. Just follow the instructions and your extender will get connect to the internet.
- Connect your smartphone or computer with the Linksys extender’s network
- open your browser and type this address:- 192.168.1.1
- it will take you to the setup page of the extender and then click on the start
- select as a wireless range extender option.
- Now it will search for available wifi networks, select your Netgear router’s wifi network and then it will ask for the wifi password or network password.
- enter the wifi password that you are using for your current new wifi network
- do the same thing for the 5g band your if your router is 5G compatible otherwise select I don't need the second network and hit next
- now confirm your extended network and hit next
- create your login password the extender settings and then hit save
- now register your product or you can skip it if its already registered.
- Your extender is configured now
Steps you need to follow:
- Place the Linksys range extender nearby to your home router and power it on for the initial setup.
- Press the WPS button on your extender and hold it down for 3-5 seconds.
- Within the 1-minute press WPS button on your home router.
- Wait for the extender lights get stable and now try to connect any of your wireless devices with the extended network.
- First you need to plugged in your extender into the wall socket
- Then you need connect your device with the extender network
- Now you need to open any browser on your computer and type at the very top of the screen ip address that is https://192.168.1.1
- Now you are on the set up of the extender
- follow the step one by one once its completed your extender is configured
if you want to connect your linksys extender to netgear router for that you need to plugin your extender to the power socket
after that connect any of your device with the linksys network and pull up any browser type on the long address bar 192.168.1.1 ip address of the the linksys extender that will help you to take you in setup wizard page of the linksys extender
you just need to follow all the step one by one to get it complete
after that you can choose a secure password the extender network to make it secure