How do i setup Syfer one in between the Motorola SBG6580 Modem and ASUS RT-AX88U router?
To setup Syfer one in between the Motorola SBG6580 Modem and ASUS RT-AX88U router,first turn off the modem and the router.Now disconnect the cable connected between modem and the router (from the router side). Connect that cable to the Syfer One Device . Now connect the other cable from Syfer One to the Asus router (Should be connected to the internet port) . Turn on the modem and wait until the lights on the modem are not stable. Now turn ON the Sypher device and start the router , and wait until the lights are not stable.f the Syfer is connected properly, then it should show us the blinking purple light. Now download the Syfer One application on the smartphone. After it is downloaded,open the application and set up as a new device.
- First of all, turn off your Modem and the Asus Router
- Now the cable which connected between your Modem and the router, disconnect that cable from the router's end(from the Internet Port) and then connect that cable to the Syfer One Device on one side(one port which is showing you a Globe icon, ie. for the internet).
- After that connect another cable from the Syfer One(from another end) to the Internet port of the Asus router
- Now Turn On your Modem and wait for all the Lights to get stable(it might take 2-3 minutes, depends upon the modem)
- then Turn On your Syfer One device and then Turn On your Asus Router and then wait for the lights to get stable on the Asus router.
- If the Syfer is connected properly, then it should show us the blinking purple light.
- After that On your Smartphone, Download the Syfer one Application
- once Downloaded, then open the application and click on Setup a New Device
- Enter the Serial number of your device and Name your device and then hit finish.