To setup your Linksys router you need to follow these steps:-
You need to plug in a cable from your existing modem to internet port of your router.
after connecting this cable connect a cable from port no-4 of your router to your computer. then follow these steps:
1. Press windows + R key that will open run window for you.
2. Type CMD in the run box.
3. Open Ipconfig and check network statistics.
4. Open your default gateway in any browser.
5. Type your user name and password .
6. that will open a setup wizard for you so follow the steps and you are good to go.
7. while following the setup wizard kindly make sure the settings you are choosing is correct
8. kindly upgrade the router firmware as well if there is any update pending over there.