HMD Global, the company that holds the brand rights to Nokia, announced a completely different device at the Nokia launch event in India on Dec 6. After being announced in Dubai on Dec 5, Nokia 8.1 is officially launched in India at the local #Expect More event on December 10. The Nokia 8.1 is the modified version of the Nokia X7 which was launched in China last month.
On the base of the ‘Expect more’ teasers, the company is expected to launch the Nokia 7.1 with a notch that was introduced in Europe last month. At the time of Europe launch, the company has said that the pricing and availability of Nokia 7.1 in India will be announced later. However, Nokia 8.1 has been launched in India which is HMD Global’ latest Smartphone.
This device is essentially a premium mid-end Smartphone. The main reasons you would go for Nokia 8.1 is optically stabilized camera, HDR10 capable 6.18-inch big screen, and a large battery that should give you 2 days usage.
Nokia 8.1 Specifications:
- Display: Nokia 8.1 features a 6.18-inch Full HD+ Pure display with 2246×1080 pixels of resolution.
- Dimensions: 154.8 x 75.76 x 7.97 mm
- Weight: 180g
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Fingerprint sensor, NFC etc.
- Processor: The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor clocked at 2.2 GHz.
- Memory: Nokia 8.1 is available in three variants – 4GB+64GB, 6GB+64GB, 6GB+128GB storage, expandable up to 400GB via micro SD slot.
- Camera: The phone has Dual Camera (12+13) MP on the back and a 20MP front camera.
- OS: It runs on OS Android 9 Pie.
- Battery: 3400mAh battery with 18W fast charging support.
- Colors: It comes in three color models i.e. Blue/Silver, Steel/Copper, and Iron/Steel.
- Connectivity: It features USB Type-C 2.0 cable, LTE Cat. 6, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth of 5.0, 3.5 mm connector
- Price: Rs. 26,999
You will also get additional features with Nokia 8.1 such as Nokia OZO to surround sound capture, Single speaker + smart amplifier etc.
Price, sale, launch offers:
The Nokia 8.1 price in India is Rs 26,999, which is Rs. 1000 more than its predecessor Nokia X7. The device will be available offline at various top mobile retailers, and on official Nokia shop as well as local Amazon web store. All the interested users in India can preorder the Smartphone from Nokia.com as well as Amazon store.
Sale offers for the device include:
- Up to 1TB of 4G data on eligible plans starting at Rs. 199 for Airtel prepaid customers and additional data of 120GB along with three months of Netflix subscription and one year of Amazon Prime subscription on plans starting at Rs. 499 for Airtel post-paid customers.
- Gift voucher of Rs. 2,000 on a purchase of Nokia 8.1 which can be redeemed on next purchase on Nokia phones.
- One time screen replacement for first 6 months with Servify.
- 10 percent cash back from HDFC Bank for the users who buy the phone with HDFC credit/debit cards.
So this was all about the latest flagships from Nokia 8.1. For more updates, watch this section closely and keep yourself updated. Do not forget to mention your views in the comment section below.