If you are a pro gamer and requiring fastest internet speed for your game related applications then Asus RT 5300 is a best choice for you. This router is lass with advanced technology and 8 antennas. Sounds crazy, but this true this router looks quite weird with its multiple antennas but these antennas are used to give you enhanced signal. Asus has developed this router especially for game lovers and this router is lass with many unique features.
Mostly routers are designed with 2.4 GHz and 5.GHz bands but this Asus RT AC 5300 is developed with two 5.0 GHz bands and this router works on 802.11ac wireless technology. Both the bands of this router are capable to generate 1733 Mbit/sec and work independently. This router has been designed with dual core Broadcom Processor with 512 mb memory. This router comes with AsusWRT software and separate SoCs. You will get a best parental control and external storage management. Asus RTAC5300 has a Smart Connect tool which can determine the client location and provide fast wireless connections. This wireless router is designed with Tri-band Gigabit Router. This router is designed with adaptive QoS and latest MU-MIMO technology. This advanced router works with Ai-cloud which provides you better access of data and files. Asus RTAC5300 works with Gigabit Ethernet Port. Though this router is lass with so many latest feature but we actually need to know about the firmware upgrade for better functionality of device.
Asus RT AC5300 features-
Asus RT AC5300 is loaded with following features and can provide excellent internet speed for all your gaming related need.
- This router consist Chipset BCM4709+BCM4366 (2.4GHz) + 2 x BCM4366 (5 GHz)
- It has Memory up to 128 mb of flash and 256 mb of DDR 3 RAM
- It works with 8 external dual-band detachable antennas
- The operating frequency is 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- It generates the data Rate of 802.11b up to 11Mbps | 802.11a/g: up to 54Mbps | 802.11n: up to 600Mbps | NitroQAM (2.4GHz): up to 1,000Mbps | 802.11ac (5GHz): up to 2,167Mbps.
- You can find interface type in your router which is 1 x Gigabit WAN port, 4 x Gigabit LAN ports, 1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x USB 2.0 port
How to upgrade the Asus RTAC 5300 Firmware?
As we know our router is first or last protection wall between unwanted attacks and malicious content available on web. Your router‘s software protects you from so many malware, botnets and hackers. Though every router protects you from all these evil doors but these hackers are smart enough to generate pass door in this secured path which can lead to any network insecurity and vulnerability. This can lead to a bad safety issues. So to avoid such vulnerabilities it is very much required to update your Asus RTAC 5300 routers firmware updation time to time. To upgrade your router’s firmware you need to follow the below given steps-
- Connect your router with wired or wireless connection
- Open your web browser and type http://router.asus.com
- Or put http://192.168.1.1 in your router’s IP address and try to connect
- Now Log into your ASUS RT5300 using your admin credential
- Go to advance settings after login
- Select Administration and then go to System
- Put your username and password(use default admin)
- Once you are done with password change now find the Firmware version
- Click on it and then select Firmware Upgrade option under the Administration setting
- Always check your security update section
- To install new firmware click on Firmware Upgrade
- Now your router will update the firmware and Reboot
By following the above steps you can easily upgrade your Asus RTAC5300 router’s firmware. Sometime it might happen, your firmware is not upgraded and this can happen because of Power loss, corrupted file or any other reason. If you feel any difficulty in any step then you can call our experts and resolve all your firmware related issues.