Extenders are better option if you want to extend your wireless network range. They will help you in getting better network signal all around your home network. These days buildings walls with dense construction material creates obstacles in reaching these network signals that’s why most people opt for extenders. Today we will talk about Netgear n300 Wi-fi extender setup. This will increase distance of a Wi-Fi network and also connects your network’s Wi-Fi signal for broadcasting its own Wi-Fi signal. Netgear is prominent name in routers and Wi-Fi extenders devices.
Before doing Netgear n300 Wi-Fi extender setup, place extender close to router in primary setup. Then shift it away from away from the router as required to boost the area that has a Wi-Fi signal.
What you need before staring Netgear n300 Wi-Fi extender setup?
- Wireless Router and Gateway by WPS capability
- Wireless devices which has WPS capability
Things to do: –
- Position Netgear extender in the similar room in which you have placed your Wi-Fi Router.
- Ensure you contain a stable internet connection upcoming from your router. Moreover you must have router which is WPS capable. One thing to keep in mind that don’t forget to change the security of your router to WPA2-PSK (AES) for best performance, due to non supportive nature of WPS towards WEP security, which will smooth your Netgear n300 Wi-fi extender setup.
- Now switch extender into power socket, stay till Power LED turn into firm. If it doesn’t then simply press On/Off button located at panel extender.
- Press WPS button for 2 seconds with this WPS LED will starts to blink and in 2 minutes press WPS button of router.
- Your extender is connected to network can be checked by WPS LED on the Extender turn to solid green and Router Link LED should also turn to solid green, which will almost complete your Netgear n300 Wi-Fi extender setup.
- Place your extender to the pre designated location in between the router and wireless device to get better signals.
We suggest you all to take help for remaining steps from our technical support team. They will guide you step by step for leftover steps. You can place a call to our toll free number 1-800-603-4024 24/7 days a week.