Got a new router and still facing problems and wanted to rebuild your own Super Router?
- Wireless disconnect
- Slow Internet Speed
- Not getting good Range
- Want to Monitor live Data Usage
- VPN application not supported with Router
- Controlling and Restricting Websites for Employees and Kids
Now you can make your average router “The Super router”
Yes! You can get all those features which are provided by those routers that have price range between $300-$500. Even some features will not be available on such expensive routers which you can have it on your $100 or even more cheap routers.We know you can’t have all those features on every single router. This is why we are guiding you by providing some basic steps to rebuild your router to “The Super router”.
- VPN(Virtual private network) capability with applications.
- QoS(Quality of Service) for controlling bandwidth on Connections.
- Increasing Wireless Spectrum.
- You can use it as an Extender/Repeater for expanding your wireless network.
- Creating hotspot. Mostly used for guests or Business.
- VLAN (Virtual local area Network ) support.
How can you get these Features?
Linux based programmed firmware can make this thing possible. The Linux based firmware are DD-WRT, Tomato DD-WRT or Open-WRT. First, check is your router listed for Flashing or not? You can check this by clicking on these links. Open WRT / DD-WRT / Tomato. For DD-WRT and Open-WRT you can download the build version available but for tomato, you need to check the compatible version and download that by going to download.See the version of open wrt on tomato and download it here to rebuild it
- Power your Router using power socket.
- Press the reset for 90 seconds.First 30 seconds on the power.Then remove the power and keep holding the reset button for 30 seconds.Power the router again and again keep holding the reset button for 30 seconds.
Never release the reset button during reset .Keep holding it for 90 seconds.Just remove the power and plug the power back.
- Once the reset is done wait for 4-5 minutes.
- Now just connect a ethernet cable from router’s LAN port to your computer.
- Now open your browser and type in 192.168.1.1
- Choose manual setup or just complete the setup without internet.
- Now look for firmware upgrade and Browse the Open firmware which you downloaded earlier.
- Tap on upgrade and wait for 10 minutes .
- Now reset the router again for 30 seconds .
- The Wireless name will appear different then usual .Like dd-wrt or tomato.
- Connect to it and plug the ethernet cable from modem to your router Internet port.
- Open your browser and use same IP 192.168.1.1 .
- Complete the setup and your router is now Super Router.
Best Super Routers for Super Firmware
Here are the best 5 routers on which we have worked and they performed best with Super Firmware.Even if you are using any different router it can be flashed.Just check the list if its available for your router or not.
- Asus RT-AC56U
- Linksys WRT1200AC
- Linksys EA6350 AC1200
- TP-Link N600
- Netgear R6700