You can configure the wireless settings of your router at your convenience anytime. This is an important step towards improving security and preventing any third party from connecting without permission. Go through the steps given below to change the wifi information for your Linksys befw11s4 router:
- Open any compatible browser on a computer connected to the router’s network.
- Input the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the browser and press enter.
- You can fill in the login credentials now and press the login button.
- While on the router’s setup page, locate the SSID. You can change its name to something unique if it is set to Linksys. Also, make sure that the SSID broadcast option is enabled.
- To change the password, click on the Wireless tab and then on the Wireless Security sub-tab.
- In the field mentioned as a passphrase, fill in the preferred wifi password.
- In the end, click on the Save Settings option to save the changes made.